Thursday, July 20, 2006

5c/10c

I tried out 5c/10c limit hold'em. It was a short session, around 30 hands. It went OK, I didn't have much for cards. I lost a bit during the session but I didn't feel run over.

I only won one hand. It was coincidentally similar to the only hand I won in my first 2c/4c session. I'm not sure if I played even one street well, but I still managed to win the hand.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.comFlopTurnRiver.com (Format: Plain Text)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Ah, 9s.
3 folds, MP2 calls, 4 folds, Hero checks.

--> A9o in the BB. One weak limper from MP. I joined the table because it had a high flop percentage. It tightened up though while I was there. I considered raising this preflop but decided to take the free pass to see the flop.

Flop: (2.40 SB) Ac, 4h, Td (2 players)
Hero checks, MP2 bets, Hero raises, MP2 calls.

--> Flop is good, giving me TPGK. With only one opponent, I decided to slow play because I thought he'd just fold if I led out betting at the Ace. When opponent bet I check raised him. He paused for a long time and I thought he'd time out before he called. I think he was expecting me to fold or call and I surprised him.

Turn: (3.20 BB) [Ac, 4h, Td] 5d (2 players)
Hero bets, MP2 calls.

--> Turn looks like a blank so I think I'm in the lead. So I bet at it.

River: (5.20 BB) [Ac, 4h, Td 5d] 8d (2 players)
Hero checks, MP2 checks.


--> I decided to just check/call the river. Out of position with a scare card I don't want to be raised here.

Final Pot: 5.20 BB

Results below:
Hero has Ah 9s (one pair, aces).
MP2 has 2s 2d (one pair, twos).
Outcome: Hero wins 5.20 BB.

Villian had ducks. He missed his set and his backdoor straight draw and I took the hand.

No comments: