Thursday, June 15, 2006

Sit n' go update

These are my results so far at low stakes sit n go.

tournaments: 6
in the $: 1
wins: 0
% in the $: 17%
ROI: -18.2%

I was break even after the first five, then bubbled out in 5th in a 2 table tourney, bleh. The last tournament was disappointing because I doubled up the very first hand and was in the top 4 right until about the final 5 hands. There are about three hands I wish I'd played different plus a horrible bad beat at the very end put me outta the money.

Anyway that's that. I'm only down 1 buy in for my efforts, so that's not exactly embarrasing or anything. I have decided that I'm going to leave off sit n go for a while and concentrate just on limit, which is going well. I'm just not enjoying the sng like I did at play money. Also it takes a lot longer at low stakes to get to the money in the 2-3 table tourneys. When I busted out in my last tournament it was after 1 1/2 hours and something like 140 hands, the blinds were t300/t600. ouch. Back at play money it only took about half that long to get into the money. Often it was heads up by the t100/t200 level, usually t200/t400 at the latest.

No big deal. Low stakes 2-3 table sit n go is just not my thing. I tried it and I didn't really care for it. I'll probably try tournament play again some time in the future, it is a challenge for me. But I need to think it through and come up with a new approach. First of all it won't be the 2-3 table tourneys. They just take way too long.

I'll play either the 1 table sng or big multi table tourneys with hundreds of players. I also need to come up with a new game plan to build up a big stack needed to get to a point where the payoff is worth how long it takes to get there. What I probably should do is go to a different site than PokerStars where the 1 table sng only pay the top two finishers. That would force me to figure out how to be more aggressive to play to win [and very possibly go bust early], instead of trying to coast, protect my stack, win a few hands, push all in short stacked and hope to win a coin flip, hang around folding hoping others will go bust first allowing me to back into the money.

No comments: