Friday, June 16, 2006

Pocket rockets

I got pocket Aces for the first time at micro stakes limit. I know it won't always turn out this well but this one was very satisfying.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Ac, As.
1 fold, UTG+1 calls, 1 fold, MP2 raises, CO calls, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets, BB caps, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.


--> Five people tag along with a capped preflop and I have Aces. yes!

Flop: (20 SB) 9s, Kc, Jc (5 players)
Hero bets, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 raises, CO calls, Hero 3-bets, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 caps, CO calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

--> Flop is pretty good. No flush yet, and the two face cards should draw some action. However there is a also straight draw and a chance I'm behind here if someone has KK, JJ, KJ, K9, J9, 99, or QT. With 5 people seeing the flop all of these are possible. Still I like my hand so I lead bet. I really should have check raised to better defend my hand, after all at this point all I have is top pair. Then again with the size of the pot it is unlikely anyone would fold to a check raise bet that wouldn't have folded to the lead bet.

Turn: (20 BB) [9s Kc Jc] [3h] (5 players)
Hero bets, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 raises, CO calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

--> Turn looks like a blank. I again lead bet. I'm thinking I'm WA/WB (way ahead or way behind) at this point. I decide not to 3bet the raise since I could be WB with only the pair of Aces.

River: (30 BB) [9s Kc Jc 3h] [Ad] (5 players)
Hero bets, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP2 raises, CO calls, Hero 3-bets, MP2 caps, CO calls, Hero calls.

--> Ace on the river is a gift from the electronic dealer. I've just retaken the lead if anyone else has 2 pair or 3 of a kind. I again lead bet, expecting to be raised. Villian complies and I 3bet his raise since I'm much more confident I have this won. The QT straight is still a possibility.

Final Pot: 42 BB

Showdown:
MP2 has Ah Js (two pair, aces and jacks).
CO has 8h Kd (one pair, kings).
Hero has Ac As (three of a kind, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 42 BB.

--> Showdown and I take down the huge 42 BB pot. Gotta like it.

No comments: