Friday, June 02, 2006

first low stakes sng

I played my first low stakes sit n' go.

I wasn't expecting too much. My goals were to not finish last, play well by my standards, win at least one hand. Well I accomplished all that I guess. I like the 2 and 3 table sng, so I joined a 3 table tourney.

I didn't do much the first 12 hands. Then I won my first hand.

*********** # 13 **************
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.comFlopTurnRiver.com (Format: Plain Text)

UTG (t1110)
MP1 (t1045)
halpgr (t1425)
CO (t555)
Button (t3415)
SB (t2280)
BB (t3670)

Preflop: halpgr is MP2 with Ts, Th.
2 folds, halpgr raises to t90, CO calls t90, 3 folds.

-> I like TT. I raised 3X BB raise from MP2 . Unfortunately CO calls so I'm not last to act.

Flop: (t225) 5d, 5s, Kh (2 players)
halpgr checks, CO checks.

-> The K overcard on the flop concerns me. I check but villian also checks.

Turn: (t225) Ks (2 players)
halpgr bets t60, CO calls t60.

-> Another K on the turn. I'm thinking that I'm in the lead so I make a modest bet, hoping to take it. CO calls though.

River: (t345) 2d (2 players)
halpgr checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: t345
Board [5d 5s Kh Ks 2d]

Results below:
halpgr has Ts Th (two pair, kings and tens).
CO mucked [Qc Tc]
Outcome: halpgr wins t345.


So my TT was good enough to win this pot.

I didn't think I was getting very good cards. A few hands I had AQo from UTG+1. I raised 2X the big blind with the blinds t50/t100. I immediately regretted the too weak raise, wishing I'd gone to 2.5X the BB. I got reraised from MP3 to t450 and folded since I was out of position. I'm not sure I played that one very well, I would have won that hand after flopping a Q.

The play wasn't too intimidating. There were usually 3-5 people seeing the flop, so I felt I could do OK if I played well and got good cards.

I was hoping to make the final table but alas I messed up and got knocked out. This was my last hand.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.comFlopTurnRiver.com (Format: Plain Text)

BB (t2105)
UTG (t2975)
MP1 (t2810)
halpgr (t1225)
CO (t2940)
Button (t955)
SB (t2230)

Preflop: halpgr is MP2 with Td, Ah.
1 fold, MP1 calls t100, halpgr raises to t200, 3 folds, BB raises to t300, MP1 folds, halpgr calls t100.


-> I wasn't seeing a lot of flops. Still not in real bad shape. I was in around 12th place, with still a healthy stack of over 12 BB.

I raised 2X the BB. The big blind reraised me. I should have been more wary of that, raising from the blinds often indicates a strong hand. But with position on him and 6.5:1 odds I call to see the flop. I possibly should have folded, ATo is not a great hand when reraised. I was thinking a bit about earlier when I'd folded AQo to a preflop reraise.

Flop: (t750) 9h, 4d, 4s (2 players)
BB checks, halpgr checks.

*** TURN *** [9h 4d 4s] [Tc]
Turn: (t750) Tc (2 players)
BB bets t100, halpgr raises to t400, BB raises to t700, halpgr raises to t925, BB calls t225.

-> On the turn I hit my T, giving me top pair top kicker. Villian lead bets. I've seen a lot of people go bust behind TPTK, so I probably should have just called here and tried to get an inexpensive showdown. Given the preflop reraise, I should be thinking about a high pair over TT. Looking at it now it was silly to put my stack in behind TPTK, especially how villian had played the hand up to that point. I shouldn't expect people to be reraising on the preflop and turn with less than TPTK, which was all I had.

River: (t2600) Jh (2 players)

Final Pot: t2600

Results below:
BB has Th Ts (full house, tens full of fours).
halpgr has Td Ah (two pair, tens and fours).
Outcome: BB wins t2600.


So he had TT, and hit a set on the turn. So I misplayed that hand and it cost me my stack. So it goes. The players are better than at play money. I'll have to play better. Still I'm not down about it, I did everything I wanted to for my first low stakes sng.

No comments: