Friday, June 09, 2006

Micro stakes limit winning session

I had my first winning session at micro stakes limit. It was a good session. I gained around 38 big bets in a little over an hour. That's a pretty good rate. Hopefully it will continue to be profitable at this level.

A nice thing about loose passive tables is that it can be profitable to play drawing hands. Here is a nice hand that I won.

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com (Format: Plain Text)

Preflop: halpgr is MP2 with Ac, 2c.
UTG calls,
1 fold,
MP1 calls,
halpgr calls,
CO calls,
Button raises,
1 fold,
BB calls,
UTG calls,
MP1 calls,
halpgr calls,
CO calls.

--> A2s thru A5s are among my favorite hands. They are great drawing hands. I like to be able to see the flop cheaply with these hands and have pot odds to chase the flush draw. In this hand someone raised but everyone called so felt I had pot odds to call the extra small bet and see the flop.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 8c, 9h, Kc (6 players)
BB checks,
UTG checks,
MP1 checks,
halpgr checks,
CO bets,
Button raises,
BB calls,
UTG folds,
MP1 folds,
halpgr calls,
CO 3-bets,
Button calls,
BB calls,
halpgr calls.

--> I pick up a nine out draw to the nut flush. With relatively late position and others passively calling I have pot odds to call both times and chase.

Turn: (12.25 BB) [8c 9h Kc] [7c] (4 players)
BB checks,
halpgr checks,
CO bets,
Button calls,
BB calls,
halpgr raises,
CO 3-bets,
Button folds,
BB caps,
halpgr calls,
CO calls.

--> Yes! I hit my flush on the turn, taking the lead. The players behind me had been aggressive to this point so I check raised, figuring this would get some extra big bets in and they wouldn't fold. Plus a lead bet from me on a scare card could freeze them into just calling. I got the extra bets I wanted.

River: (25.25 BB) [8c 9h Kc 7c] [Ah] (3 players)
BB bets,
halpgr raises,
CO calls,
BB calls.

--> No board pair on the river. So no full house and my nut flush is good. I raise the lead bet and everyone calls.

Showdown:
BB has Ks 6c (one pair, kings).
halpgr has Ac 2c (flush, ace high).
CO has Th Jd (straight, jack high).
Outcome: halpgr wins 31.25 BB.

Later on I hit another flush draw as well chasing QJs from the small blind, which made up most of the profit in the session. It won't always go this well. Sometimes I'll miss the draws, and sometimes people will beat me on draws.

No comments: