Sunday, October 27, 2013

Omaha preflop raise sizing

I've been thinking about preflop raising in pot-limit Omaha. I've decided to try a new plan. Until now I'd opened with a minraise when first in. I'd read it in a book. But it looks like I may have misread it.

With the switch to buying in full I'm going to instead open with a 3x raise. Historically in no limit hold'em, the other big bet game I've played, I've used 4x, the max in pot limit is 3.5x. So 3x seems about right. To keep it simple I'll use the 3x from all positions.

In the micro stakes the minraise didn't seem to accomplish much. It didn't build a pot or thin the field or create position. So it seemed to just leave me out of position. Playing with deeper stacks it also makes it trickier in some ways in 3bet pots as stacks became harder to work with.

No comments: