Tuesday, October 01, 2013

halfway back?

In a small sample of 1000 hands I've won back half the loss from the $10 PLO downswing. Buying in full has gone very well. I've definitely been running well flopping sets, draws coming in, big hands and AA holding up. Still I feel I'm playing better, more patient. With money behind I've been thinking a bit more clearly it seems.

At the micro stakes the rake is effectively uncapped. So the small edges from playing short are actually often wiped out by the rake. Plus since people don't like to fold you often end up nearly all in on the flop multiway and having to call off the rest as a large underdog as you may be getting like 8:1 so what can you do.

The better plan at $10 PLO has been to play full and get paid off and win the max on your strongest hands. So far so good. I don't know how the next 1000 hands will go but hopefully can continue to run well.

No comments: