Saturday, October 18, 2008

here's $5, player

Some good things happening over at UltimateBet lately. First, I just received my first bonus payment after reaching 100 player points. $5 added to my account. That was nice. I could get used to that. For some reason there something very satisfying about getting the free $5.

$95 to go on the 200% initial sign on bonus. At $0.25/$0.50 LHE it seems to clear at an OK rate. So if I can just play break even at the tables I can make profit from the bonus. I'm around break even so far, and the $0.25/$0.50 LHE seems a pretty beatable game. There seem to be enough bad players there that it should be possible to play break even at least - hopefully.

Also UB told me I've been increased to "Player" status. Which is kind of funny because I don't play a lot of hands and because of bankroll only single table UB. So it's not too hard to become a Player on UB. Now Player does have a nice benefit. As a Player or better, you can use your playing points at a penny each to enter tournaments. Right now with a little over 100 points I could cash them out to enter a $1 tournament. That's a pretty good way to cash out your points for something really useful. I'm going to hang onto mine and plan to use them for a $5.50 tournament when I get to that level. It's nice I get to double use my points both for clearing bonus, then to use them again as cash equivalent tournament entry fees.

No comments: