Saturday, October 11, 2008

Bought hold'em manager

I've bought hold'em manager. I was using PokerTracker3 trial. I found with PT3 it was dragging down my system performance. I upgraded my RAM from 750 Mb to 1.5 Gb but it didn't seem to help a whole lot.

So I tried the HEM 15 day trial. It seems to work better on my PC. Also it has the HUD for UltimateBet working today. PT3 just promises it for some unspecified future date [they've already slipped the original target UB date]. Plus as a micro stakes player I can get a low stakes version of HEM for $55. That's a bit cheaper than PT3.

The HUD seems fine on HEM. It does what I want. The post game analysis is a bit better and more polished on PT3, so I hope HEM can catch up. A small change that would be an immediate benefit would be to show the current active filter name in HEM, I wish they had that.

So another small investment in my poker hobby I guess. I find I enjoy having a HUD and it does seem to help a bit with multi tabling. Maybe I could use some help. I've been getting knocked backward at $0.25/$0.50 LHE on both Stars and UB. Still I'm feeling upbeat. I may not be playing especially well. I could beat it in the past so I hope to be running better soon. On UB my bankroll for $0.25/$0.50 LHE is down to around 70BB so I hope to get moving upward before I go bust there.

No comments: