Saturday, August 16, 2008

I've joined ultimatebet

I joined ultimatebet in the last week. I wanted play in a WWE freeroll. I'm a wrestling fan and my kids are too.

I was thinking of just joining they pla money site. But then I decided to join the real money site. I got set up with 30% rakeback from this is the nuts. No special reason for choosing TITN. I just clicked to the rakeback section on 2+2. Their ad came up first so I just clicked through. The rakeback was set up successfully so that's OK. I made the minimum initial deposit of $50 using my Visa credit card. I wasn't sure if it would go through but it did no problems. Yay Canada.

I was thinking of starting up at a new site anyway so this is as good as any. I can only hope they've cleared up the issues and can be trusted now. If I don't like it I can cash out or there's an exchange on 2+2 where I can exchange my UB bankroll for the same amount in PokerStars. I had always thought I'd join Bodog but I'll see what happens with UB.

It was a bit of a challenge getting into the WWE freeroll. Fist it didn't show up in the lobby. I e-mailed UB support and they got back to me a short time later and said I needed to go through the play money .net site. So I downloaded that and when I started it I found the tournament but I got a weird error message about the tournament not being for my card room. I e-mailed support again and they got back to me again and said the tournament was meant for just the play money people. I had told them in my earlier e-mail I only joined UB to play in the tournament.

They resolved it by changing the tournament so I could play. I don't know if they opened it up for all of the .com players in Canada or just my own username. But support was pretty good, no complaints. It seems weird though having a freeroll tournament for play money only. I don't think PokerStars would ever exclude their real money players from playing in any freeroll if they want to. No matter though. The tournament is three stage. I got through stage 1 pretty easily. Stage 2 is tomorrow night at 9 PM my time. I hope I can reach the final.

After the freeroll, I'm thinking about how to work UB into my play. They have some tournaments that look interesting. Also their micro stakes NL hold'em scene looks OK. I'll probably try out some NL cash and see how that works out with the rakeback and the 200% bonus which is nice.

No comments: