Monday, August 04, 2008

Back in black at $5 NL

I've been on a crazy heater lately at $5 NL. In the last short while I've gained about 7 buyins. With this upswing I'm now up nearly 2 buyins for a win rate of around 2 BB/100. It has taken me around 5000 hands to get to this point.

I've been running very well. Mostly due to flopping sets and then having them hold up for huge pots. The set mine is good. The play is pretty bad at this level so I'm trying to be patient and wait for good hands. I've been trying out multitabling and that may have helped a bit as it makes it easier to just fold marginal hands and pay attention to the other table.

I got the trial Poker Tracker 3 and that is really good. The summaries are an eye opener, especially how unconverged everything is. It just shows what type of sample you need to get a clearer view of how you are doing. When the trial runs out I'm surely going to purchase it for it is a great utility. I wish I had had it from the start. I love data and I didn't realize what I'd been missing all this time.

Under PT I have my last 1600 hands. It says I've been running at 22 BB/100 during that time. That shows how well I've been running. My stats are 10/5/3 during that time so I feel I've done OK at playing tight and I have dropped some hands preflop that I used to play.

No comments: