Thursday, January 01, 2015

NFL regular season in review

So now the results are in on my preseason pics.

playoff props
on the playoff props I went 0-2.

lost
Miami to make the playoffs +350
Buffalo to make the playoffs +450

still I don't feel too bad about these. both teams were in the hunt until late in the season. I think these were ok picks with good upside potential and I needed a couple more breaks I didn't get.



team totals
on the team totals I went 2-4-1

won
Washington UNDER 7.5 wins EVEN
San Francisco UNDER 10.5 wins +105


lost
Green Bay UNDER 10.5 wins -115
Pittsburgh UNDER 8.5 wins +120
Dallas UNDER 7.5 wins -115
New England UNDER 11 wins -115

push
Miami OVER 8 wins +110


meh, I've been thinking a bit more about team totals. It wasn't a bad theory about marquee teams being overvalued. But I suspect my theory was incorrect. I've got some more to say about team totals which I'll save for a later post.


individual games

I went 3-0 in the individual games that I posted picks for. that's encouraging over a very small sample size.

unfortunately I didn't have much time and had to give up on my football experiment by early October. still maybe next year I will pick this up again if I can. it was fun and interesting at times.

I don't expect to have any playoff picks. The playoffs are a different beast and I'm happy to just sit back and watch the games.

No comments: