Monday, March 03, 2008

First ever straight flush

I've been playing Texas hold'em online for around 3 years now. I recently made a straight flush for the first time. I've had quads many times over the years and this is my first straight flush.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Kh, Jh.
1 fold, UTG+1 calls, 3 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls, 1 fold, SB completes, BB checks.

-> I like to limp in late position with suited high cards in multiway pots. With 2 limpers and the button playing tight I limp in.


Flop: (5 SB) Qs, Qh, Th (5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, MP3 folds.

-> On the flop I have good equity with a couple of draws. Although the board is paired I bet to get some money in.


Turn: (4 BB) 9h (3 players)
SB bets, BB calls, Hero raises, SB calls, BB calls.

-> The turn is the magical 9h giving me the straight flush.


River: (10 BB) Ac (3 players)
SB bets, BB calls, Hero raises, SB calls, BB calls.

-> I was hoping someone would hit a full house or the Ace high flush. Still lots of bets go in on the turn and river and I win a nice $16 pot for my really big hand.


Final Pot: 16 BB

Results:
SB mucked [Qd 5d] (three of a kind, queens)
BB mucked [Js 8h] (straight, eight to queen)
Hero shows Kh Jh (straight flush, king high).

Outcome: Hero wins 16 BB.

No comments: