Thursday, February 01, 2007

Stacking off with overpair in NL

I was lucky not to get stacked on this hand. I made a mistake of being willing to go bust with an overpair. Over on 2+2, this is considered bad style.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com (Format: Plain Text)

Button ($3.04)
SB ($3.04)
BB ($0.89)
Hero ($0.98)
MP1 ($2.98)
MP2 ($1.28)
CO ($8.07)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Tc, Td.
Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, CO calls $0.08, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.19) 7h, 9c, 2s (2 players)
Hero bets $0.14, CO raises to $0.32, Hero raises to $0.9, CO calls $0.58.
Turn: ($1.99) 4c (2 players)
River: ($1.99) 2h (2 players)

Final Pot: $1.99

Results:
Hero has Tc Td (two pair, tens and twos).
CO has 9d 7d (two pair, nines and sevens).
Outcome: Hero wins $1.99.

Lucky for me on this hand I was able to suck out on the river to counterfeit his 2 pair. Villian played the hand questionably, making a loose preflop call with a weak hand. So I don't feel too bad for him about the come from behind win. Still my bad play nearly cost me 45 BB. This was a frustrating session where I'd had KK cracked, TT with a set cracked. This hand was a bit of tilt where I just kind of gave up on that last $1 and donked it away. No limit can be challenging to keep your cool when things aren't going well.

Anyway I'll have to keep that in mind, in general you don't want to go to the felt with TPTK or an unimproved overpair.

No comments: