Sunday, October 08, 2006

Quick 50

I'm off to a good start at the $0.10/$0.20 level in limit hold'em. I made +50 BB on only 240 hands. That's a sick win rate of 21.5 BB/100. The sample size is too small to be meaningful, and that's not a sustainable rate. Still I'm glad to be winning at this level.

I feel I'm playing OK, finding some more folds to save on lost hands. Also value betting well. I've been getting good cards and bad beats have been few, so that helps a lot. I may be getting better at getting reads, or at least trusting my reads.

The only thing I'd say is noteworthy is table selection. I've been able to find some loose tables with bad players. There's fewer tables like this than at lower levels. I've been able to find good tables to sit at. Sometimes that means going on a waiting list for a full table. It's well worth the wait. I never have to wait more than a couple of minutes to get a seat.

Also I don't stay if a table which started loose goes tight. This can happen if a couple of fish either leave or just go bust. I don't stick around if a table goes tight. I just leave and find an easier table.

No comments: